CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS: United Nations Model UN Youth Summit
Friday, 12 April 2019, 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
United Nations Headquarters
Every year, more than 400,000 students worldwide participate in Model United Nations (MUN).
Global MUN has evolved into an agent of change that inspires actions in support of the United Nations and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The United Nations Model UN Youth Summit, organized by the UN Department of Public Information in collaboration with MUN Impact, will take place on 12 April 2019 in New York.
This one-day event features workshops and plenaries led by student leaders and UN experts, who will share experiences and ideas on how to transform MUN into a force for positive change. You are invited to submit presentations, detailing specific actions that you have taken to advance the SDGs. A select few will have the opportunity to present their outcomes at the event.
The presentation should:
- Address the problem you were attempting to solve and how you attempted to do that.
- Explain how this is connected to an SDG.
- Explain the initiative, how you planned it and what you would do differently if it was not successful.
- What advice or pointers you would give to others undertaking a similar initiative.
- Accommodate a maximum of three presenters per project.
- Presentation should be no longer than 40 minutes to allow time for questions.
Submission procedure and deadlines:
1 December 2018 Students ages 15 to 24 may express an interest in presenting a project.
Project descriptions must be submitted for consideration.
15 December 2018 Student presenters will be selected and notified by email
15 February 2019 Submit student presentation (with visuals) and names of participants*
o Your name, title
o School or MUN group
o The number of participants and chaperones (one chaperone per ten students, max total number per group is 30).
All submissions and questions should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Request for registration in the event does not guarantee participation. Students and delegations will be admitted on a first-come first served basis. The United Nations does not provide invitation letters, awards, monetary compensation or visas.